A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

The Beginning

Months before I turned fifty, I began to fear losing my job as an administrative assistant. I was making a good salary and although there were things about the job I didn't like, I had learned to overlook them. When I began to have too many sleepless nights worrying about losing my job, I decided to take on an additional part-time job at a well-known large discount retailer. From November of 2008 until the end of April 2009, I was working 55-60 hours per week and saving every penny I earned from my new part-time job. The day they told me my administrative assistant position had been eliminated, which was three days after I turned fifty, I was hurt, but not surprised. Looking back, I had no idea that being over fifty would make it so difficult to find another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment