A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

A Different Perspective

This past week has been a struggle for me emotionally. In fact, I created this blog when I was at probably the lowest point since I lost my job last year. I have tried to remain positive about my situation. I am certainly not the only person struggling right now and I know things could be a lot worse. When I read my previous posts, I saw a pattern. Do I really want to end my day by posting about how difficult things are every single day??? And does anyone else really want to read about someone who is having a bad day every single day???  This is an online journal and one purpose is for me to externalize some of the crap I'm experiencing and feeling right now. It's not fair for me to dump on my parents, daughter, friends and coworkers. But there has to be a balance. So from now on, even when I am completely discouraged, I am going to find at least one thing to write about every day that made me smile, laugh or reminded me that life is good.

The biggest blessing in my life always has been, and always will be, my beautiful 22-year old daughter, Christi. She graduated from college last May, lived with me until December, and is now working for a great company and living in an apartment with two friends. She stopped over tonight after working out at the club just to get her bike. When I opened the door, she was standing there with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I hope she could see the look of love and joy on my face when she handed them to me.


I'm still unemployed and still chubby. Tomorrow, I will once again search the internet for jobs and struggle with eating healthy,  but I will also be looking for the good things and counting my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment