A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

This Is Going To Be A Process

I'm struggling. Somehow, someway, I need to rise above the feeling of failure I find myself enveloped in lately. When I show up at my part-time job and my coworkers ask if I got the job I interviewed for and I say,"No", I can't help but feel like a failure. This scenario has been repeated more than once over the last year. I know that I am not alone. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for. But rejection is not easy for me to take. I beat myself up enough and when others join in, well...

Yesterday I had big plans for myself but I just can't seem to pull myself out of this black hole. The latest failure to get the job hit me hard because I was perfectly qualified for the position. And to make it worse, they didn't even have enough respect for me to let me know they selected someone else.

Today, I'm going to be easy on myself and not put expectations out there that I know I'm not capable of. I will try to make smart choices with food and do just a little bit around here before I go to my part-time job for eight hours. Enough so that I know I made some progress.

Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn't perfection but progress.
~ Michelle Burford

1 comment:

  1. Dude....I haven't had one single interview since I was laid off a year ago...I feel like the world has forgotten me and somehow I've turned invisible, lol. Hang in there girl....keep on trying and things will get better for us soon...they have to! :)

    ReplyDelete