A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

Feeling Very Determined

I think all of us experience varying levels of motivation at different times in our lives. I am currently enjoying that feeling of being very motivated. I feel like controlling my food intake and exercising are the most enjoyable things ever right now. I do realize though that I could feel completely different next week. I have at least 50 pounds to lose and it's not going to happen in a few weeks. So the important thing for me will be to stay motivated and be patient even during the weeks my weight loss slows or comes to a stop.

Today was another great day. My calories came in at 1380, I drank all of my water, and I went for about a 30 minute bike ride right after work. I am really looking forward to developing some lower body strength because this bike riding thing is tough. It's very weird for me because 10 years ago, I thought bike riding was easy. What the hell happened?? I took my bike on my car to a limestone trail tonight that is flat and I was still struggling. I was so happy to get back to my car. I know if I keep working at it, it will get easier but it's very disheartening for me right now.

Today's food:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diana! I'm trying to get back into the swing of regular commenting...I've been so out of it since getting back from the beach...wish I could go back and live on the ocean, lol.

    glad you're feeling determined...that's wonderful! The food, water and exercise all sound terrific...very proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! you are so right and I needed to hear this. drkenbattleskidneycancer.com

    ReplyDelete