A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

Moving the Focus From Not Smoking to Healthy and Controlled Eating

Okay, it's now been 16 days of not smoking. The last two days have probably been the toughest because I've had to deal with some weird cravings. I'm not surprised, I'm a veteran at quitting smoking and I have experienced this before. Just when you think all is good and you've beaten the addiction, out of the blue comes that voice from within with all sorts of reasons why it would be okay to smoke. I can handle it this time because I don't want to go back there. #1 - I can't afford to smoke, #2 - My cough is gone and I don't want it back, #3 - I don't want to disappoint my family and friends, #4 - I just don't want to be a smoker. Over the last 16 days, I have started each day out with good intentions of keeping my eating healthy and under 1500 calories. Really didn't happen. Every day, I would do great until after dinner. Then all hell broke loose. Today has been fairly good, but I haven't added up the calories:

Breakfast 
Coffee with milk
Whole Grain Toast with Reduced Fat Peanut Butter - 2 slices

Snack
Raw, Unsalted Nuts - 1 oz

Lunch
Reduced Sodium Deli Turkey Sandwich on Whole Wheat with Lettuce and Mayo
Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips with Flax Seeds
Fresh Organic Strawberries

Dinner
Wine (Cabernet)
Brown Rice
Chicken, Broccoli, Pearl Onion Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Sauce

Snack
Frozen Organic Raspberries (an entire small bag!)

Just like every night, after dinner I really started craving something sweet. I didn't have anything here. I thought about going to the store, but told myself if I could just get through one day without blowing it, I would feel good about staying in control. Once I get control of my eating and get a few good days under me, I find it easy to stay there. I am such an "all or nothing" person and always have been. Tomorrow I'm going to weigh myself and start logging calories, exercise and water intake. I want to lose this weight so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment