A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

About The Smoking

I had my last cigarette today about 3:30 pm. It's now 9:30 pm and I am calm and at peace. (Thank you, nicotine patches) I'm going to bed soon because I'm looking at a busy and exciting day tomorrow. I'm making a plan because I have been down the quit smoking road before and I know it can get ugly. I have no room in my life right now for ugly. So here we go:

  • Coffee
  • Call and cancel an interview due to accepting another job last week
  • Enjoy a spinach & fruit smoothie on my balcony
  • Go to my new employer for drug test and paperwork
  • Home for a healthy lunch and to change clothes
  • Go buy my bike!
  • Take it for a ride, if time permits
  • Submit online unemployment claim for the last time!
  • Pay bills online
  • Go to my part-time job

I have been smoking again for one year.  Long enough to do damage (chronic cough), but not so long that I can't remember how happy and content I was as a non-smoker for three years. When things get crazy and the panic sets in, I'm going to sit or lie down, close my eyes, take slow deep breaths and visualize myself happy and healthy without smoking. I may even find some meditation music on itunes tomorrow to put on my ipod. The most wonderful thing I remember about not smoking was the freedom. Today I have taken the first step toward that freedom.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Diana, I have been following your blog in the last few days. I am sending you all the encouragement needed to fulfill your goals. Happy biking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so incredibly proud of you for doing this. Your schedule for the day looks great!! And I hope you love riding your new bike...I know you will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wish you all the best! I have tried (and tried) to quit without success. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete