A journal of my progress in losing weight, quitting smoking, and becoming fit

A Job!

Yes, I finally got an offer for a job. Obviously I'm feeling very happy and thankful - relieved. But I'm also reflecting on the last year of my life because so many things have become clear to me over the last two weeks. It's so interesting that you can be stuck in a situation and not really see it clearly until you get to the other side. Two weeks ago, I lost faith for a few days. I had prayed to God about a certain job that I thought was perfect for me. My family prayed for me because they know how much I wanted it. I didn't get the job. I couldn't understand why God was letting this happen to me. Over the last year, I had interviewed for six jobs that I didn't get even though I was very qualified. God had different plans for me. Within a little more than one week, I received an offer for a different job. God always hears our prayers, but we don't always get an answer when we want it. So many people told me during this time, "Just keep trying, you'll eventually get a job". At some point, I stopped agreeing with them. I really had come to believe that I would never work in my occupation again. At the age of 50, I felt old, useless and hopeless. My decision to name this blog "A Worthy Purpose" gives a glimpse into what I was searching for at the time I created it. There are so many people in this country right now that I know are feeling the same sense of hopelessness. I pray that everyone who has gone through the heartache of losing their job will eventually find their own worthy purpose. Even more important, I pray that they will have faith and hope. We never know what is around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. I am really happy for you, what a wonderful Easter gift. It is true God works in mysterious way's and at the saddest but most joyful time in the Christian calendar your faith has been rewarded.

    Good Luck and God God Bless

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete